FireCritic recently posted a top holiday gift guide last year Top Ten Christmas gifts for Firefighters . It is only fitting that there should be alist dedicated to Firefighter’s Wives.
Just in case you are wondering…I have not been paid or solicited by any of the mentioned products or companies I might name or link to below.
The Top Ten Christmas Gifts for Firefighter’s Wives
- Logo T-Shirt or Intimate Apparel - There are a vast array of t-shirts dedicated to being a firefighter’s wife as well as some fun undergarments. Price $10
- Firefighter Monopoly - Designed for firefighters and their friends, family and fans, take a roll of the dice to round Probie Place and head for Firefighting Freeway. Be careful not to make your station buddies sick with your cooking when you pick up a Flashover or Backdraft card. This is a great game to play with your kids and incorporate your already submerged family in anothert great frefighting themed product. Price $40
- Survival Straps – Grab this great key fob or bracelet. 20% of the proceeds from our Firefighter gear will be going to help the families of Fallen Firefighters. Whether you are hiking in the woods, at the range, climbing a mountain, running errands around town, or just trying to show support for our Firefighters, you will always have several feet of 550 lb. test paracord with you at all times. Survival Bracelets are made with an average of 15′ of military spec paracord. In an emergency situation, you can unravel the bracelet and deploy the paracord for use. If you do use your Survival Bracelet, simply send us your story of how it was used, and we will make you a new one, free of charge (shipping charges will apply). They come with either a tough plastic side release buckle or a marine grade stainless steel shackle for attachment purposes. It’s your choice. Price $23
- I Love a Firefighter Book – Love a Fire Fighter takes us on a journey from stationhouse to four-alarm blaze, from a harrowing ride with paramedics to a family dealing with shift work. Along the way, Dr. Kirschman addresses occupational health and safety issues along with domestic concerns including unpredictable schedules, lack of communication, and anxiety. Vivid anecdotes and practical tips show families how they can pull together when job stress threatens to spill over onto home turf, and shed light on what spouses and partners can do to help themselves, their mates, and their children live with the “best job in the world.” Price $11
- Maltese Cross Earning – Pewter Maltese Cross dangling earrings. $13
- 5) Firefighter’s Wife Purse – The is a great piece of firefighter flare that your lady can have with her every day. Small Purse with Firefighter’s Wife Ribbon in black (shown) or red. Includes interchangeable black bow with white polka dots. Price $16
- 4) Fire Department Charm Bracelet – You can find a large array of Italian Charms with firefighter pieces, as well as, combined hanging charm bracelets. Click on each charm image to visit that products site. Price (varies)
- Black Helmet Apparel – Black Helmet Apparel was founded by a fireman for firefighters. All the designs are hand drawn, and unique. You’ll find no clip art here. You’ll only find the images that relay the fearless, but frightening side of our job. These shirts are amazingly lightweight and durable. The gear is made in the USA! You can find Black Helmet on twitter, facebook, youtube, and myspace! Price $26
- Stamped Fire Department Washer Necklace – This necklace features a handmade glazed fire department Maltese cross washer pendant (1 3/8 in. wide) paired with an aluminum washer (1 in. wide), stamped with the phrase “FIRE WIFE.” The hemp cord measures 17 inches long, with an additional 3 inch extension chain and lobster claw closure. Special orders can be taken. the designer can stamp up to 14 characters (including spaces) on each washer. Available characters include uppercase alphabet, numbers, asterisk, the “&” symbol, heart, and star symbol. Bonus: These items are handmade by a firefighter’s wife. Price $16
- Frisky Fireman – Ever firefighter wife spends night alone….why not give her a gift to leaver her satisfied till you return? No job is too hot for the Frisky Fireman! Price $20
Hope you can find that special gift for your special wife this holiday season. If you end up getting a gift from this list would love to see a picture or hear about how the gift was received.